1. Discuss what the client is wanting through photos, drawings, concepts or a written description etc. A meeting can also be arranged with the artist, discussing what is to be commissioned.
2. Provide the artist with an image or a resource for what the client wants done. The client needs to take into consideration the artists style and how it will translate into what they are wanting painted. Resource material must be of good quality. The artist may also have some photo and resource material that may be requested.
3. A non refundable deposit of 30% to cover material costs. International clients require a 40% deposit.
4. The process of creating the commission begins - completed within the time arranged prior with the client.
5. The work is photographed and image sent to the client.
6. Finished work packaged and couriered to client / delivery / pick up can also be arranged with artist. Full payment must be received before the painting is sent.
The amount of time taken to paint the subject.
Cost of materials and the size of the work.
Packaging and postage.
Quality materials will be used. Usually oil paint on board. Top quality board and framing materials supplied. Cedar framed board support.
I have done several commissions throughout New Zealand and internationally using this process so you can be assured about getting the product you want.
Please get in contact with me directly if you are wanting a commissioned work and if you have any other questions.